This was 12-day trip to Scotland where we arranged a car, planned an itinerary, and booked accommodations along the way.
This couple in their 60s wanted a relaxed pace to revisit some of their favourite places – and discover new ones – so they chose 2-night stays at charming Bed & Breakfasts and quaint inns to give them more time for local flavour.
This trip plan included:
- Hiking in Glen Coe & Glen Etive
- Oban & Oban distillery
- Ferry trip to the Inner Hebredian Isle of Mull, visiting the famous Abbey on Iona, seeing puffins on the Treshnish Isles, and Fingal’s Cave on the Isle of Staffa
- Ullapool ferry to Isle of Lewis & Harris
- Glen Finnian viaduct & Glen Finnan monument
- Afternoon tea at Inverlochy castle
- The Callanish Stones
- Bosta Beach
- Dornach Castle stay with Evening Whisky Tasting
- Speyside Whisky Trail & Castles
- Hike around Loch An Eilean in the Cairngorms National Park
- Exploring Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Hike to Arthur’s Seat